IMCI helps faculty locate and secure external grant funding through our Modeling Access Grant Program. We also support research through Pilot Projects. Let us know if you are interested in applying for an IMCI Pilot Grant.
Submitting a proposal through IMCI
Do you plan on submitting a proposal that includes a modeling component? If so we might be a great resource to you and your research team. Here are the steps to follow:
- Email IMCI Director Holly Wichman with a brief description of the proposal to ensure that it falls under our mission.
- Once confirmed, forward her approval and the funding announcement to Michele Mattoon. Do this as early as possible in the proposal planning process. The earlier you do this, the more we can help you.
- Create the proposal in EIPRS, selecting “IMCI” as the department submitting the proposal and adding Michele Mattoon as an editor.
- Contact Michele for assistance with the budget and budget justification and other aspects of the submission.
- Contact Holly if you need other help or advice with the scientific aspects of proposal.
For additional funding resources, visit the University of Idaho Corporate and Foundation Relations website. You can subscribe to funding opportunities alerts; receive COS Pivot database training; request help identifying funders for specific projects; and find other resources for prospect and proposal research. While the website includes many company and private foundation funding announcements, it also includes federal funding agencies such as NSF and NIH. Contact Debbie Hornbuckle for more information at 208-885-0533 or email@example.com.
You can find additional research-related resources at the university by: