Spring means we’re nearing the end of the school year – and various award banquets and receptions. We’re proud that so many CMCI participants received awards this year.
2019 College of Science Staff, Faculty, and Graduate Student Awards
Nominations for the staff and faculty awards were made by members of the College of Science executive board, and nominations for the graduate student awards were made by each academic department or program.
- Early Career Faculty Award: Chris Remien (Mathematics)
- Heimsch Faculty Fellowship: Michelle Wiest (Statistical Science)
2019 College of Science Undergraduate Student Awards
- Casey Beard – graduating with a major in Physics
- Tawny Gonzalez – graduating with a major in Chemistry (Pre-Medical option)
John B. George Award
The outstanding graduating senior in the College of Science; given by the dean.
- Tawny Gonzalez
University Awards for Excellence
The University Awards for Excellence recognize and encourage excellence in all forms at the academic level.
- Excellence in Research and Creative Activity Award: Deb Stenkamp (Biological Sciences)
- Outstanding Post-Doctoral Scholar/Fellow Award: James Van Leuven (CMCI)
- Interdisciplinary Award: Flow Ventilators Team. Tao Xing* (Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering), Gordon Murdoch (Animal and Veterinary Science, College of Agricultural & Life Sciences), Gabriel Potirniche (Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering), Nathan Schiele (Biological Engineering, College of Engineering
*Tao Xing was the PI on one of CMCI’s first Pilot Projects, “Multi-Scale Model of Interactions Between Lung and Pulmonary Ventilation“