IMCI currently employs postdocs, staff and partially supports some faculty.
Program Manager and Fiscal Director
The Program Manager and Fiscal Director will actively contribute to the leadership team as the administrative-level decision maker to develop and advance strategic IMCI goals and objectives. This position is self-directed and functions independently to accomplish a wide variety of tasks and is empowered to develop, implement, and manage the administrative policies, procedures, and practices in support of programs and initiatives that are critical to the success of the institute.
Required Experience with:
- Three years of financial or business operations management
- Administration of grants and contracts or other complex programs
- Independently managing multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously that requires a high degree of accuracy
- Editing and writing business correspondence using proper grammar and punctuation as demonstrated in the application materials
- Management-level fiscal or administrative services support including budget development and budget projections
- Compiling accounting information in spreadsheet software, and preparing summaries and financial reports
- Using computer software and applications for word processing, spreadsheets, email, internet searches, and data organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or accounting; an additional 4 years (seven total) of experience in financial or business operations management may substitute a Bachelor’s Degree
Additional preferred experience with:
- Working in higher education and a working knowledge of University of Idaho administrative policies and procedures
- Providing program assistance to faculty, staff, and students
- Business management principles and practices, including supervisory practices
- Serving as liaison with other university departments and colleges
- Exercising judgement and in a fast paced, dynamic, team environment while fostering positive relationships, teamwork, and cooperation among students, faculty, staff, and administrators across campus
- Proficiency with Banner, VandalWeb, Argos and other university systems
- Familiarity with UI VERAS system, Grants.gov, Research.gov, and other grant agency input platforms
- Administering a major grant program including managing the fiscal and reporting activities and interpreting and applying terms and conditions of grants and contracts
- Interpreting and applying laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Establishing internal financial systems with audit controls and making decisions regarding authorization or rejection of expenditure/disbursements
If you are a GRADUATE STUDENT interested in becoming involved with IMCI, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are invited to search for other employment opportunities at the University of Idaho.