IMCI supports the U of I membership to Data Carpentry (https://datacarpentry.org/). This membership includes training for graduate students and postdocs who then teach in workshops that are offered for credit through the BCB graduate program. Many of you have been instructors in these workshops.
We continue to offer opportunities for graduate students to get instructor training. Please contact JT Van Leuven (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested.
In addition, IMCI is offering teaching assistantships for our instructors who are in need of support. The assistantships are offered by the semester and generally require students to lead one workshop and assist with one to two additional workshops.
To apply, students should email email@example.com indicating:
- The semester for which you seek support
- When you completed instructor training
- Your experience with Data Carpentry workshops to date (as a student or instructor)
- Which workshop(s) you are willing to teach (list of past workshops here: https://imci.uidaho.edu/data-carpentries-training/)
- Your agreement to lead one workshop and assist with one to two others
Include a letter of support from your major professor
Use the subject line IMCI DATA CARPENTRY TEACHING ASSISTANTSHIP
If you have any questions, please reach out to JT Van Leuven (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Holly Wichman(email@example.com).