Project Team: Diana Mitchell (PI), Ousseini Isaaka
Start Date: August 1, 2018
For the 19 genes without significant similarity to genes in humans, the following analyses will be performed in order to identify their putative functions:
- identify conserved proteins or protein domains
- predict protein localization
- search for functional domains
- predict cellular and functional pathways
- synteny analysis for hypothetical proteins.
The team will identify suitable published RNA-seq datasets for zebrafish macrophages to probe for the presence / absence of these nonorthologous transcripts in other macrophage-mediated immune response.
After identifying conserved proteins or protein domains, we will go on to look for species that are known to have regenerative capacity.