Dear Friends & Colleagues,
I have a few informational items to bring to your attention:
WHEN SHOULD YOU CITE CMCI P20GM104420?
Future funding requires we document our impact. Therefore, it’s critically important that you cite the grant when appropriate:
- Your work was conceived or carried out as part of a CMCI Working Group.
- The research is funded by a CMCI Project Grant, Pilot Grant or MAG.
- You used major equipment purchased by the grant and/or resources provided by CMCI.
- One or more authors is funded entirely by the CMCI grant.
- One or more authors is funded partially by the CMCI grant specifically for this work.
- Authors do not have funding specifically for this work and the manuscript is closely related to the CMCI grant.
The exact text for the grant citation can be found here on the website.
FYI: SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL THROUGH CMCI
Do you plan on submitting a proposal that includes a modeling component? If so CMCI may be a great resource to you and your research team. Here are the steps to follow:
- Email me with a brief description of the proposal to ensure that it falls under our mission.
- Once confirmed, forward my approval and the funding announcement to Michele Mattoon. Do this as early as possible in the proposal planning process. The earlier you do this, the more we can help you.
- Create the proposal in EIPRS, selecting “CMCI” as the department submitting the proposal and adding Michele Mattoon as an editor.
- Contact Michele for assistance with the budget and budget justification and other aspects of the submission.
- Contact me if you need other help or advice with the scientific aspects of proposal.
ACTION ITEMS: AVAILABLE RESOURCES
The university has several resources available for finding research support and learning about other resources available at UI. If you haven’t already, I highly recommend you do the following:
- Sign up to receive the ORED newsletter: https://www.uidaho.edu/research/news/research-newsletter/sign-up
- Bookmark the Office of Research and Faculty Development website and check it often: https://www.uidaho.edu/research/about/orfd
- Subscribe to the OSP listserv to receive communications from ORED on proposal opportunities: https://www.uidaho.edu/research/about/osp/subscribe
ACTION ITEM: WEBSITE UPDATE
Have you seen our updated website? If not, check it out at http://www.cmciuidaho.org/. Please contact Lydia if you would like to update your profile or if you would like to be included in our online directory. This will become especially important as we move toward listing available modelers cross-referenced with research projects looking for modelers.
REMINDER: COLLABORATORIUM SCHEDULING
Lastly, please be aware that the Collaboratorium is being used more and more and is often booked back-to-back. As you are coming and going from your working group and other meetings, remember to be respectful of the meetings before and after your scheduled time slot. Don’t enter the room until the previous group is finished; try to finish your own meetings a few minutes early.
Let’s keep having fun doing research together!